|Single Opening (F) Double Opening (F/R)|
| = Platform Width
= Platform Depth
= Hoistway Width
= Hoistway Depth
= Clear Door Width
= Clear Door Height
| = Overhead
= Pit Depth
= Door Clearance
= 5″ for Regular Type Doors
= 6 3/4” for Pass Type Doors
|Download Available Information
Click on Image or Title below
|Quote Request Forms|
- Overhead dimensions are based on 6 foot high car gate.
- Two section car gates are not recommended for high usage installations or wide openings.
- For extra high door requirements, or special conditions, consult your representative.
Standard Cab Height H = 8′-0″
*Speed exceeding 200 FPM require additional overhead and pit depth. Minimum pit depth is based on the use o spring buffers. Add 5″ to pit depth if oil buffers are required or car speed exceeds 200 FPM.
225 FPM = add 6″ of overhead & 5″ of pit depth
250 FPM = add 7″ of overhead & 5″ of pit depth
300 FPM = add 8″ of overhead & 5″ of pit depth
350 FPM = add 10″ of overhead & 6″ of pit depth
Code year adoptions and local code variations may affect the hoistway size. Verify all dimensions with MEI prior to construction.
This design utilizes a geared machine, ropes and counterweights instead of hydraulic equipment. The main guide rails are mounted on each side of the car and an additional pair of counterweight rails are located on one side or at the rear. The geared machine, along with the related drive equipment, is generally located above the hoistway in a penthouse machine room. In some limited situations, it can be located next to the hoistway at a lower landing. This latter arrangement is referred to as a basement traction.
- No risk of oil contamination to the ground.
- Accommodates front and rear openings in any configuration.
- Available for both low and high capacity cars.
- Nearly unlimited floor travel is possible.
- Has greater power efficiency than hydraulic applications.
- Allows significantly higher car speeds than hydraulic designs.