This design utilizes a gearless machine, ropes, and counterweights instead of hydraulic equipment. The main guide rails are mounted on each side of the car and an additional pair of counterweight rails is located on one side or at the rear. The gearless machine, along with the related drive equipment is all installed inside the hoistway eliminating the need for a machine room saving you valuable floor space.
- No risk of oil contamination to the ground
- Accommodates front and rear openings in any configuration
- Has no need for a machine room
- Has greater power efficiency than hydraulic applications
- Allows significantly higher car speeds than hydraulic designs
- Generally cheaper then traditional traction applications